Jan 9, 2011

Sunday ...

Far too early for a Sunday morning, but my head is full of thoughts and ideas I need to write down. Last night I was thinking about a great artist called Maurizio Anzeri, Born 1969, Loano, Italy, now living and working in the UK. Maurizio has, I think, a unique talent. Maurizio reinvents found family photographs with embroidered threads of color to create new facial contours, the result is a very original output, would LOVE one of these on my wall!. His last group exhibition took place at Saatchi Space, London. Wow, got that one of my chest:)
Maurizio
Next, reading! Xmas time is all about eating and drinking … and presents! Santa got me some fine livres …for the next few weeks I will be eating and drinking books! Guess I will be starting with ’50 fashion designers’ but then again Chanel looks good on me too … and loads of Magazines waiting there for me, ‘Industrie’, Interview’.
Then there are some movies to catch ‘Tournee’ (five aging American burlesque dancers) Black Swan (ballerina losing her mind) The King's Speech (plagued by a dreaded stammer), can’t resist Mr. Darcy!
And of course there is AIFW! No one so kind to give me their spare ticket yet HELLO!? But the downtown events expose the best to the general public (me? ouch!) with catwalks in shops/outlets, fashionable clubs & bars, museums and where fashion belongs, on the Amsterdam streets … see me walking, riggght!
And I sure have to check out the latest project op SPRMRKT, ‘SPRSPACE’, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 262 Amsterdam, 100 days ‘pop-up store, with Scandinavian multi talent Henrik Vibskov. The ‘move around the world’ store will only be here for 100 days and it already opened at the beginning of December.
So, loads to do, lets get started! Coffee please, make it a double!

Livres to lire

SPRSPACE

No comments:

Post a Comment